Monday, September 2, 2013

52 Weeks of 2013 - Week 35



In all the years I have lived here, I had never taken any photographs of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is such an icon of this area and so last week, after dropping the kids at school I drove out to photograph the bridge. I arrived to a blanket of fog so thick, that I could see nothing! Initially I was disappointed and frustrated, but really, I should have known it was to be expected. This is San Francisco after all. So I sat and read and listened to music for over two hours, waiting for the fog to clear, or at least break.

Finally I glimpsed the barely there shadow of the bridge, then for about twenty minutes the fog thinned and swirled around the bridge, revealing glimpses of the blue sky to come, it was beautiful. Then just as quickly, the shroud of fog enveloped us again and I was done.


No comments :

Post a Comment