Monday, October 21, 2013

52 Weeks of 2013 - Week 42






I have three brothers and growing up, they loved, loved, LOVED the movie The Princess Bride. They had the whole thing memorized and would watch it over and over and over again. I would groan, inwardly and outwardly as they put it on, one more time. Obviously, I also have parts of it ingrained in my brain, because this was the quote that immediately came to mind for this photograph.

My family all still live in England and I live in America. But it's true, that a wedding brings people together. It's the way it should be. My brother Wesley was getting married and somehow I had to be there. I wasn't the official photographer on the day (sniff), I was a family member, a guest. You know though, that I had to have my camera with me and get a few photographs.

I love this shot, the first moment after their first kiss as husband and wife. They are so happy and I think Lou just glows. I am really glad that I was able to be there. We may have had the occasional clash as children, but I love my family and miss them more than they know. It's these important milestones that are worth celebrating.



It was a beautiful day and we are so happy to officially welcome Lou to our family. Now, I just need to figure out going back again in May for my youngest brother's wedding!

No comments :

Post a Comment