Thursday, February 21, 2019

2019 My Life Project - Week 7


A little late posting last week's photo(s). We were away visiting old friends for a long weekend near Derby. It's quite interesting to me the friendships we make in this life but more so the ones that survive.

I met my husband over a weekend away, we're from different continents and could never have seen each other again, yet it was meant to be and we've been married over 22 years. Our friendship with the Saxbys is one that has stood the test of time and international moves. Mark and I met the same year I met James, as part of a UK YWAM team heading to the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta.

When you get a group of young singles together there is unarguably an element of people wondering if they will meet that 'special someone' yet we both had already met ours and so a wonderful, uncomplicated friendship began
... here we are 23 years later hoping our kids will also become good friends and I am so grateful that this friendship has lasted. This was a weekend of wonderful walks and climbs, a cosy fire, lots of late night talking after the kids went down, music and wine. I always leave our time together encouraged and challenged and this weekend was no exception.








No comments :

Post a Comment