Friday, March 4, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 9



My little girl turned five this week. It is so bittersweet to watch our children grow. More often than not I wish I could stop time and keep them as these sweet children, yet with each new accomplishment I burst with pride at who they are becoming. I cannot stop time, no-one can, and this is one of the many reasons I love photography. All the little details that I could not possibly remember, probably even by next week, can at least be captured and looked back on again and again.

Before I had children I did not fully understand how precious each and every moment was. Our life, our time is a gift, not to be squandered. That minute, hour, day, week that has passed, we will never have it back again, it is gone forever. Let's make it all count.

No comments :

Post a Comment