Friday, June 24, 2011

Mmmm

If you know me, you know that I have a sweet tooth and I love to bake. Last week I found a link to this recipe for Fudge Revel Bars and decided they would be the perfect treat to make for Father's Day. I thought I would share it with you here as I think they turned out really well. Just be warned, this makes a whole cookie sheet's worth.

Fudge Revel Bars
1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats

Fudgey Layer
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 pckg chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together the butter, brown sugar and eggs. Add the vanilla, salt, baking soda and flour and mix well. Add the oats and mix well. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a pre-greased cookie sheet.

(My little tip here is to spread it as well as you can, then cut a piece of wax paper lay it on top of the mixture and use your hands to apply a smoothing pressure and continue pressing down the mixture until it fills the pan and reaches all the edges. When you are done, you can carefully lift the wax paper, your hands are not greasy and the mixture should not stick to the wax paper).

To prepare the fudge layer, put the all of the fudge ingredients into a microwave safe bowl, microwave for one minute, then stir. Keep cooking at 30 second increments, stirring, until the mixture has all melted together. Pour over the dough and spread over the complete surface. 'Sprinkle' the rest of the dough over the fudge (I used two spoons to scoop up the dough and place it somewhat randomly on top).


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Let them cool (for as long as you can stand...it might be hard) and enjoy with a glass of milk!

No comments :

Post a Comment