Wednesday, September 21, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 29

*Just as a reminder, this is a personal project I am undertaking this year, in order to shoot more and share more. Each week of 2011 will have a corresponding favorite photograph.

I have a lot of catching up to do in terms of posting from my 52 week project. I cannot believe that we are already in week 37, this year is speeding by! So without wasting any more time, here is the picture from week 29.

This was her first day of school. Officially a kindergartener! She was excited and ready to go. She felt confident and comfortable. She had spent the past two years watching her older brother at this school, in the very same class, with the very same teacher. As a K/1 class, she was even familiar with half of her classmates.

For me it was, and is, so bitter sweet; my baby girl growing up and leaving home (well not quite yet, but almost). I love the quote I found, which describes raising children from my perspective, so perfectly. We have to let go, to let them grow up and become the people they are, in their own right. Yet at the same time we keep holding on, keep loving, keep being there for them and encouraging them to their full potential. What an honor and a challenge.

Love that little girl and so incredibly proud of her!

No comments :

Post a Comment