Sunday, November 20, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 38

*Just as a reminder, this is a personal project I am undertaking this year, in order to shoot more and share more. Each week of 2011 will have a corresponding favorite photograph; snapshots from my life.


I love trees. There are people who would rather be in the mountains, or at a beach, or in the countryside, but there is something about being in the woods that captures me. There is a certain mystery, a romanticism. Old weathered leaves coupled with new shoots of life. The sound of a stream, or a bird, or the crunching underfoot. Whatever 'it' is, stirs something within me that excites me. I can breathe more deeply and feel more fully.

We recently took the children to Muir Woods, a place that is amazing, but also throws me for a loop. Where else would you find paved paths, in a wood? I understand that it makes life easier for families with strollers, or the disabled in wheelchairs but I cannot truly enjoy my woods experience until we have ventured onto the trails. It takes away from the natural and brings in the man-made and I want to enjoy nature in all it's glorious natural beauty. Don't even get me started on the entrance fee! Our visit was on a National Parks Free Day, for which I am grateful.

No comments :

Post a Comment