Monday, August 20, 2012

A Day in the Life - August 2012

Often photographers end up neglecting the documentation of their own families. Sometimes it can be due to being too busy with client work, or a lack of inspiration, or just not being able to balance everything. This is my 'Day in the Life Project'. I have chosen the first day each month to document, from morning to night, so that each month I am guaranteed photographs of my family and my life.

August 1st came and went and I completely forgot it was my day to document. Oh well, there are no rules so I just chose another day, which ended up being August 7th, the day after I realized my neglect. My poor husband worked the previous night and came home at 3am that morning, with a toothache. He ended up with an emergency dental appointment and five hours later a (very expensive) root canal! These things cannot be predicted.

These are not technically perfect (far from it), or portrait-worthy, this is just real life. If you are doing something similar leave me a comment with a link to where I can follow along with you, I would love that!


No comments :

Post a Comment