Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day In The Life - September 2012

Often photographers end up neglecting the documentation of their own families. Sometimes it can be due to being too busy with client work, or a lack of inspiration, or just not being able to balance everything. This is my 'Day in the Life Project'. I have chosen the first day each month to document, from morning to night, so that each month I am guaranteed photographs of my family and my life.

September 1st we were away for the weekend. With a husband in school, resources are tight and we are grateful that Jenness Park offers a discount for Seminary students. We had previously visited in the winter and the kids had a blast sledding and playing in the snow, so this was a very different experience. The weather was wonderful and they got to fish and play in the water and kayak, while I caught up on reading for pleasure and did not have to worry about cooking and cleaning (that's what a real vacation is all about). It was only a couple of days, but it was a great way to end our summer.

These are not technically perfect (far from it), or portrait-worthy, this is just real life. If you are doing something similar leave me a comment with a link to where I can follow along with you, I would love that!


No comments :

Post a Comment