Monday, January 7, 2013

52 Weeks of 2013 - Week 1


We are surrounded by beauty. Yet in the busyness of our daily lives, do we really take the time to look for it...every day? There are lunches to be made and dishes to be washed and groceries to be bought and the list goes on. When we open our eyes though, really open them and look, intentionally, we can see and appreciate so much more. When I have my camera I look in a different way, I see things that I might otherwise miss and this wonderful tool has taught me so much.

Today I took my little girl and met a good friend for a hike; we drove out to the Mill Valley waterfall, a place new to me. It was truly beautiful and I would have enjoyed it regardless, but with my camera over my shoulder the light streaming through the trees grabbed me, the water splashing down drew me in, the buds on the branches and the fungi tucked into hollows were treasures, waiting to be discovered. Gifts for me!






No comments :

Post a Comment