Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day In The Life - January 2013

Often photographers end up neglecting the documentation of their own families. Sometimes it can be due to being too busy with client work, or a lack of inspiration, or just not being able to balance everything. This is my 'Day in the Life Project'. I choose one day each month to document, from morning to night, so that each month I am guaranteed photographs of my family and my life.

I may be blogging this late in the month, but it was New Year's Day, the first day of the year that I photographed. It was one of those days that did not go as planned, but turned out great. We had planned on visiting the Exploratorium in San Francisco, on the last day before it's big move down to Pier 15. However, many other people had the same idea and the line was ridiculous. Instead we wandered around the Palace of Fine Arts and then over to the beach, a quick lunch, then back over the bridge to the Bay Area Discovery Museum. As we all started to get hungry again we got a welcome call from friends inviting us over for dinner (an offer we rarely refuse, be warned) and it was the perfect way end our wonderful day, complete with an after-dinner-show put on by the lovely children.

These are not technically perfect (far from it), or portrait-worthy, this is just real life. If you are doing something similar leave me a comment with a link to where I can follow along with you, I would love that!




No comments :

Post a Comment