Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Five Days New



Becoming a parent, especially for the first time, has got to be the hugest life changing event ever. It's wonderful to get married and that changes life, for sure, but it's more about adding a person to your life, as it is. When you have a child your time is no longer your own. Your emotions multiply exponentially. You are responsible for another human being, who is completely helpless and totally relying on you...for everything. It is amazing and overwhelming and wonderful and truly exhausting in those first months, in a way nobody can explain.


Two of my brothers have just started the journey and I could not be more excited to finally have a new niece and nephew and see them becoming fathers, with their beautiful wives. We were just over in England for a, too short, trip and I was able to meet my brand new niece, still at the true newborn stage...in the hospital. She was a perfect little doll, alert and aware and just gorgeous. My time with them was way too short and I have way more cuddles and kisses to give this beauty, but I was grateful for the time we had.


Precious little Thea we love you so much already and can't wait to see the person you will become!

No comments :

Post a Comment