Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Poppies

Yesterday someone posted on a local Facebook group asking about a poppy field. Another person responded with some co-ordinates and realising it was about 20 minutes from us I knew immediately I wanted to check it out for photos.

We have had amazing weather the last few weeks, but starting today we were due wind and rain for the next week or so. I had no idea if the poppies would be in bloom currently, but I knew if they were, they might not last past last night. So after dinner I yelled at everyone to get shoes and socks on (or in some cases get dressed, because you know, coronavirus means we don't leave the house often and so not everybody even bothers getting dressed every day). It all took FAR too long and my heart sank, realising how quickly we were losing light, but we had committed and at the very least the dog needed to be able to have a run somewhere.

We seemed to pass the co-ordinates and couldn't see a field with red flowers anywhere and then as we were about to turn round, there it was. Hubby and the boy took off with the dog while I got a photos mainly with my middle, who's always up for putting on a dress and working with me.


Youngest isn't so keen on dresses or photos, but brought a book and her being her turned out pretty cute too.



I love poppies, they're just so striking. They are not to be confused with California poppies which are orange and beautiful in their own right but not what I ever thought of as 'real poppies'. What a beautiful backdrop.



Even managed a couple with all of us!



Thanks to my sweet family for humouring me when I get an idea and we all have to run with it. They're the best :)

No comments :

Post a Comment