Saturday, July 23, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 26

*Just as a reminder, this is a personal project I am undertaking this year, in order to shoot more and share more. Each week of 2011 will have a corresponding favorite photograph.


I am glad for this project I have undertaken. It is all too easy to only show the very best, the perfect. But the truth is that our life is not always portrait worthy, it is real life that we are living.

There are so many things about this photograph that are far from perfect, but I love it! Lighting conditions were less than ideal, there is a horizon line going through my little girl's head...I could go on...but it captures her emotion, her total joy and it makes my heart want to burst.

These are the moments I want to remember. The happy places; her brother playing in the background with a friend's dog, her shadow as she leaps across the sand, the huge smile on her face as she runs from the incoming waves, which have slowed to barely a trickle as they reach the shore.

Snapshots are not to be sniffed at. They are what memories are made of, they are what we will treasure in the years to come.

(As you can see from a previous post, I am behind in posting, although I am keeping up in taking the photographs. This photograph was taken July 2nd, 2011, week 26, officially halfway through this project for 2011.)

No comments :

Post a Comment