Thursday, July 28, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 28

*Just as a reminder, this is a personal project I am undertaking this year, in order to shoot more and share more. Each week of 2011 will have a corresponding favorite photograph.

I am almost caught up and I am in the photograph for week 28!




That's me and my man! The other week we had an unexpected free evening and a friend offered to watch the kiddos so we could go out for a date. Let me explain, that this is not something that happens all the time. Our last date was in January, for our anniversary!

It was so fun to get (a little) dressed up and be out, just the two of us. Our original plan had been to check out an "Off the Grid" food truck party, which sounded fun; a mobile food adventure with live music. However, we were there for all of five minutes before we decided we were in need of a new plan. We ended up having the most delicious dinner at Sabor of Spain, in San Rafael. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Spanish food, I think it takes me back to my childhood.We lived in Spain for a number of years, which is why I have a Spanish name, in case you ever wondered.

I love my wonderful family, but I love the times that it is just the two of us. I really enjoy my husband's company, he makes me smile, he looks adoringly at me and tells me that I take his breath away, he holds my hand or strokes my leg...even after all our years together. Sigh!

Anyway, he is endlessly patient with me and let me drag him to a local park after our meal, to take photographs - what a man. You should have seen me, setting up my camera, checking the exposure and focus and everything was just right, then pressing the shutter and running to be in the shot and trying to look relaxed (and not out of breath). I am sure some of the other people in the park thought we were nuts. I don't care, I love that I have these. I am way more comfortable behind the camera, but it is so important to be on the other side too. I am a part of this life I love to capture.

And OK, so we are hardly a 'boy' and a 'girl' anymore, but when we are together sometimes it can still feel that way.

I like him a lot.

I'm pretty sure he likes me too.

Yep. Told you so!

No comments :

Post a Comment