Monday, April 15, 2013

52 Weeks of 2013 - Week 15


 We were in Texas last week, visiting my husband's family and I of course had to take photographs of us all while we were there. I love the relationship that my husband has with our kids. I love that they each know how special they are to him, in their own ways. I love capturing family connections, especially mine!

I know they will all look back and cherish these one day, even if (gasp, wait for it) they weren't initially excited and overjoyed that I wanted to take them. There's always a little bit of resistance, then we get into it and have fun and before they know it we're just hanging out and laughing and loving together. Photo shoots do not have to be stiff and posed and formal, especially when you have young children involved. They should be able to capture you, as you really are, together.

We even were able to get a whole family shot thanks to my sister-in-law, Cathy Cannan Nance, also a photographer who came along for the ride. Yay! That makes me so happy.




Of course, because horses are such a novelty to us, I had to get some horsey shots too. We were losing light rapidly, but they really are such amazing creatures.



No comments :

Post a Comment