Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!


It was ten Father's Days ago that I slipped a Father's Day card onto my husband's music stand at church. I had waited until that morning, after he had left, to take the test, wanting to surprise him on that day of all days, if it was positive. It was!

He opened it and at first was confused, thinking somebody had maybe not realized we had miscarried months before, then he saw that I was the one who had signed it. I huge grin lit up his face and when he got to stand with all of the other fathers to be recognized, we were announcing it to everyone.

He was ready to be a father long before he met me, he has so much love to give! Yet he waited patiently, for seven years in fact, until I was ready to finally be a mother, to realize his own dream. He is the most wonderful father I could ever ask for for my children, I love to watch as he builds them up, from the inside out, instilling confidence as only a father can. They know without a doubt that they are loved and important!

To my husband, I love you immeasurably and am so grateful for all that you do for us. You continually amaze me. I love you!

Happy Father's Day.


No comments :

Post a Comment