Monday, June 3, 2013

52 Weeks of 2013 - Week 22


Sigh! I feel the time slipping away again. On Friday I took my youngest to visit kindergarten. We walked down to the school together, hand in hand, her little fingers clasped around mine and I squeezed a little tighter. We are moving on again. Entering a new season. Truth be told though, I don't feel ready.

Why does growing up have to be so bittersweet? I am so proud of all they are accomplishing and who they are becoming, but I miss, already, so much. The chubby arms reaching up to be carried, the cries for help, the 'Mommy, watch me!' I am moving from the doing it all for them, to the encouraging and cheering on. I hope to do it gracefully, but I can't promise that you won't find me sobbing uncontrollably after I drop her off to kindergarten for her first day this fall!

I will always be their mother, I will always be there for them holding their hearts and I will cherish these days that we are still holding hands more than they will ever know.

No comments :

Post a Comment