Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Macro May 2020 - Day 5


5th of May, or as we like to refer to it in our house 'Cinco de Mayo', even if we are back in the UK. Technically, it's a Mexican holiday celebrated in Mexico and many parts of the States honouring a military victory in 1862 over Napoleon's forces (for the record, I actually had to look that up as I knew it was a Mexican holiday but had no idea what for) many of us just appreciate it as a good excuse to eat Mexican food and drink Margaritas.

Unfortunately we didn't have ingredients to make margaritas but I did make horchata for the kids (hence the cinnamon) and mojitos for the grown ups, while my middle child made an assemble-your-own burrito spread. All in all it was a success and I managed one more photo to boot.

No comments :

Post a Comment