Friday, January 21, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 3






I continue to be amazed by how much my mood improves with the appearance of the sun. It has been a wonderful week, with more opportunities to spend time outdoors. One of the days as I was looking for inspiration, I glanced in the field behind our house and it literally sparkled. It was actually mid afternoon, not early morning, as you might expect, yet tiny water droplets were still clinging to the blades of grass and reflecting the sunlight. How often we miss these simple mysteries, busy with our everyday lives. That day I stopped and drank it in and smiled...before running inside to grab my camera.

I love how this project forces me to look around, with a new perspective. We are surrounded by so much simple beauty and it is the most amazing gift that we should not take for granted. I hope that I can continue to slow down life and really see all that is around me. I encourage you to do the same.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Juanita! I just saw your comment on my blog. I barely ever update, and that has the unfortunate side effect of me not noticing when people comment :) But I just wanted to say hey, and thanks for the encouragement, and by the way . . . this picture is BEAUTIFUL. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete