Thursday, May 2, 2013

Almond Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


Normally when I have bananas starting to turn a little brown, I whip up a batch of banana chocolate chip bread in my bread machine (so good toasted). As much as I love the convenience of a bread machine, however, I miss the great crust from baking bread in the oven and I just wanted to make something a little different. So I went online to see what I could find and found a recipe, which I tweaked a little. So here you go, a super easy, quick recipe, perfect for a snack or even breakfast.

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins 

(makes 12 muffins)

Ingredients

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup almond butter
1 egg
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray muffin pan and set aside.
Whisk all the dry ingredients together until well combined.
Pour in remaining ingredients, except for chocolate chips, mix until just combined.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Divide evenly between muffin pans and bake 20-25 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.

No comments :

Post a Comment