Thursday, December 15, 2011

52 Week Project - Week 45

*Just as a reminder, this is a personal project I am undertaking this year, in order to shoot more and share more. Each week of 2011 will have a corresponding favorite photograph; snapshots from my life.


Technology continues to progress at an alarming rate, the desire to be continually entertained and always doing something is hard to control. Even children these days have cell phones and ipads, or LeapPads. Sometimes I wonder where it will all end. The childhood that I had, seems to be a thing of the past, let alone the childhood of the generation before mine.

We limit our children's exposure to so much of it, yet it is all around them. One thing that has been a huge blessing since our recent move has been the fact that there are so many families around us. Our children spend more time outdoors playing with friends than they were ever able to before and I love it!

But there are the classics; the LEGO and checkers or chess, a pack of playing cards and yes, even Hungry Hippos. These games have stood the test of time and can still bring as much enjoyment as all of today's high-tech offerings, with the added bonus of actually interacting with your opponents. I hope my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will still be able to enjoy them, no matter what else time brings.

No comments :

Post a Comment